Morocco is a country that has so much to offer for tourists. From bustling cities and ancient medinas to picturesque beaches, Morocco has it all. Here are 12 must-visit places in Morocco that you should not miss out on:
1) The City of Marrakech: Located at the foot of the Atlas Mountains, Marrakech is one of the most captivating cities in the country. Its streets are teeming with life and its souks (marketplaces) offer up some amazing souvenirs and local delicacies. Don’t miss out on exploring its famous Djemaa el Fna square at night when it comes alive with street performers, hawkers and food stalls!
2) Chefchaouen: This charming mountain city is known for its unique blue-washed buildings. Meandering through the streets of Chefchaouen and photographing these incredible structures will be an unforgettable experience.
3) Merzouga: For those looking to explore the Sahara Desert, there’s no better place than Merzouga. Spend a night under the stars in a traditional Bedouin camp and experience a magical sunset ride on camels back to your hotel!
4) Ait Benhaddou: This UNESCO World Heritage Site may look familiar—its fortified walls were used as a backdrop for many movies, such as Gladiator and Babel. Take a guided tour around this ancient citadel and get transported into another world!
5) El Jadida: Formerly a Portuguese trading port, El Jadida is home to some stunning architectural structures like the Casbah and its ancient cisterns. Stroll along the old city walls and soak in its history!
6) Rabat: Morocco’s capital city offers a perfect blend of modernity and tradition. Visit the majestic Hassan Tower or take a walk around Kasba des Oudais for spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean.
7) Essaouira: Spend an entire day exploring this seaside town, filled with whitewashed buildings and colorful boats. Sample some fresh seafood at the local restaurants or book a tour to watch dolphins in their natural habitat!
8) Fes: Morocco’s cultural capital is filled with narrow alleyways, mosques, and medersas (Islamic schools). Don’t forget to visit the tanneries and explore their vibrant colors.
9) High Atlas Mountains: For a nature-filled escape, make your way up to the High Atlas Mountains. Take a hike up to Toubkal—Morocco’s highest peak—or spend some time in Imlil village exploring the local markets!
10) Oualidia: Relax on this stunning beach located near El Jadida. The calm waters are perfect for swimming while its oyster beds make it ideal for fishing trips!
11) Agadir: Spend a few days on the ‘Moroccan Riviera’—Agadir. The city is surrounded by sandy beaches, making it perfect for sun-lovers and water sports enthusiasts.
12) Casablanca: Morocco’s largest city has something for everyone. From bustling markets to vibrant nightlife, there’s no shortage of things to do here! Don’t forget to take a stroll along the beachfront Corniche and visit the iconic Hassan II Mosque.
Whether you’re looking for an adventure in the desert or want to soak up some culture in the cities, these 12 must-visit places in Morocco will give you a taste of what makes this country so special!…